I'm working on another jacket for Mama R. This one is a houndstooth fabric that I have underlined with silk organza.
I got up early in the morning and tried to fit some sewing in before I had to head out to an appointment. That might have been my first mistake. I was sewing before my morning coffee.
My second mistake came when I sewed on of the pockets to the side front lining piece and then sewing that to the front. Oh my goodness! I was supposed to sew the pocket piece to the side front not the lining. I can't believe that I didn't realize my error and actually sewed the side front and front pieces together.
I then had to dig out the seam ripper and remove all the stitching. Thankfully, I realized the errors of my way before I clipped any seams.
Once I had all the seams removed and was able to save the pieces by ironing out the pressed seams, I continued sewing. With the front pieces correctly sewn, I went to take care of my errands before coming home to continue working on the jacket.
I stitched the back shoulder darts before stitching the front to back at the shoulder and side seams. Everything was going well until I went to work on the front facing and lining pieces.
Another sewing blooper was discovered when I pressed the princess seam.
Yes, I clipped holes in my lining piece that I saved earlier that morning when I was clipping my princess seam.
Some days are not meant for sewing.