I have to admit that I was surprised to be awarded the Sunshine Blogger Award by Nakisha. Nakisha blogs over at Sew Crafty Chemist. She's a full-time mom who works a full-time job and finds time to sew and knit. She's an inspiration. I do not feel worthy. Thank you, Nakisha, for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Sunshine/Shine On Award is meant to get to know your fellow bloggers and allow your readers to get to know you a little better with the use of 10 facts about you!
1. I love to cook as much as I love to sew.
2. I'm not married because I'm a fiercely stubborn and independent woman who hasn't found a man who likes to iron. A friend is convinced that it is because I do not like country music.
3. My nick-name is Tigger. Apparently, I bounce when I walk.
4. One of my legs is a half inch shorter than the other. I must keep this in mind when adjusting pants patterns. This may explain the "bounce when I walk."
5. Autumn is my absolute favourite season. Summer is my least favourite. I dislike the hot heat and mosquitos and end up spending the summer months indoors where there is air-conditioning, whenever possible. I might enjoy the summer months if there were no mosquitos, a consistent +25 degree C with a light cool breeze.
6. My family and especially my parents mean the world to me. I love them with all my heart and would do anything for them, that includes living in a city where there are mosquitos and brutal winters. But I
sometimes often dream of living in a city that doesn't have mosquitos and brutal winters.
7. I'm not perfect. I've made mistakes in life and in my sewing. It keeps life and sewing interesting. I have no regrets about my past mistakes because you can't change the past. I can only try to do better and learn from my mistakes.
8. I went back to school as an adult to complete a BA in English Literature and Rhetoric, Writing and Communication while working a full-time job. And I won the university gold medal for Honours English. (Let's just say that it helps to have a slow-cooker in one's university survival kit.)
9. Sunflowers make me happy.
10. I struggle with being an ethical and socially-conscious home sewist and fabric-holic. I wish I weren't so ignorant as to where my fabric stash originated from and I'm trying to change my ways. I strive and struggle to be more informed and find fair-trade and organic fabric suppliers.
Now to nominate 10 inspirational and talented sewists and bloggers that I would like to learn more about.
- Barbara who blogs over at Sewing on the Edge
- Shelley who blogs over at NVL New Vintage Lady.
- Annette who blogs over at Mrs. Toad Sews
- Judith who blogs over at Made by J
- Tanit-Isis who blogs over at Tanit-Isis Sews
- Elle who blogs over at Elle C Sews
- Katja who blogs over at Of Seams and Dreams
- Meg who blogs over at Meg the Grand
- Anne who blogs over at Pretty Grievances
- Karen who blogs over at Sewing by the Seat of my Pants
That's all for now. Happy Sewing!