Sunday 9 April 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Can you believe there are no new Vogues to be found in the city yet? Thankfully, there is a Vogue Pattern sale currently on right now (ends tonight). I was able to pick up a few and would you believe even with the exchange rate and shipping costs, I saved more money than if I were to buy them here with a 40% off Fabricland membership discount?

Fabricland is the only store that carries Vogues. My membership ran out at the end of March so I would actually have to dish out the membership cost as well. And I really don't want to renew the Fabricland membership. I really need to sew from the overflowing stash. But I digress... Do you want to see what I picked up?  

Tom & Linda Platt's Vogue 1544 is a dress pattern that I want to make in a silk. I'll make a toile before I cut into the fabric I have in mind for this project. I just need to search the stash for some lining fabric.  
Paco Peralta's Vogue 1550 is the pattern that I can't wait to get my hands on and the reason I recently drove down to my local Fabricland store looking for the new Vogues. I have orange and dark blue linen in my fabric stash for this project.  
Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9254 is making it into the pattern stash just because I like it. I have no idea what fabric I want to make it out of yet. I'm sure there is something in the fabric stash.  

Vogue 9237 is my ideal of a perfect summer dress and I have some lovely cottons that would work for this project. I just need to decided on which one.

Right now I have a Rachel Comey pattern on the cutting table that should keep me busy until these arrive.  

Happy Sewing!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...