Sunday, 9 April 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Can you believe there are no new Vogues to be found in the city yet? Thankfully, there is a Vogue Pattern sale currently on right now (ends tonight). I was able to pick up a few and would you believe even with the exchange rate and shipping costs, I saved more money than if I were to buy them here with a 40% off Fabricland membership discount?

Fabricland is the only store that carries Vogues. My membership ran out at the end of March so I would actually have to dish out the membership cost as well. And I really don't want to renew the Fabricland membership. I really need to sew from the overflowing stash. But I digress... Do you want to see what I picked up?  

Tom & Linda Platt's Vogue 1544 is a dress pattern that I want to make in a silk. I'll make a toile before I cut into the fabric I have in mind for this project. I just need to search the stash for some lining fabric.  
Paco Peralta's Vogue 1550 is the pattern that I can't wait to get my hands on and the reason I recently drove down to my local Fabricland store looking for the new Vogues. I have orange and dark blue linen in my fabric stash for this project.  
Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9254 is making it into the pattern stash just because I like it. I have no idea what fabric I want to make it out of yet. I'm sure there is something in the fabric stash.  

Vogue 9237 is my ideal of a perfect summer dress and I have some lovely cottons that would work for this project. I just need to decided on which one.

Right now I have a Rachel Comey pattern on the cutting table that should keep me busy until these arrive.  

Happy Sewing!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...