Tuesday 30 September 2014

September in Review

Sewing


September happens to be National Sewing Month and this year's theme is about unleashing your creative side. It didn't happen this month as my sewing mojo left the building and my sewing projects were less than creative. 


The pants were a need. The dress was for Mama R using a pattern that I have whipped up many times. The vest, I'm sort of on the fence about (love the pockets though). The sewing kits and knickers were factory-style sewing. No sewing that I felt creative or inspired by and I wonder if it has anything to do with all that beige?  

I may not have felt that I have unleashed my creative side, but I do hope the sewing kits and sewing club will inspire some kids to do just that.   

RTW Fast

This is a tough time of year when it comes to the RTW fast. It was tough not looking at the latest crop of cashmere sweaters by Lords & Taylor. This time of year, I wish I could knit. But then when I come to think about it, another hobby is the last thing I need. I'm going to try to sew my own turtle-neck sweater though--something I would never have thought of doing if it weren't for the RTW fast. And have you seen the new Jenna cardigan sweater pattern by Muse? Cute. Too bad it is a PDF pattern. I don't do PDF (tried it once, not for me). But if it were a packaged pattern, that one would so be mine. But I digress...


Thankfully, footwear is not one of the banned items. I am saving up my pennies for a new pair of winter boots--sorels to combat the cold while shivering outdoor during recess duty (the Farmer's Almanac is predicting another brutal winter). Since the knee surgery last winter my leg and foot has a tendency to swell and I haven't been able to wear my winter boots since. So this item falls under a need. Now, if I can just find these boots in my size, I'll be all set.  

Stash busting

I did a horrible job at stash-busting but a fantastic job at stash-adding! My bad.


Items
Stash-busted
Added to Stash
Fabric
113.8
meters
81 meters
Interfacing
4.4 meters
0
Lining
3.5 meters
0
Sewing Patterns
24
21
Spools of Thread
27
12
Sewing Needles
7
0
Pant Hooks
6
6
Zippers
13
5
Trim 
0.40 meters
10
Elastic
7.2 meters
12 meters
Bias Tape
2 meters
0
Snaps
1
0
Buttons
53
12
Ribbon
3.5
0
Hook and Eye or other Closures
5
5
Basting Tape
8.9 meters
6 packages

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I love those boots! My sewing this last month was very utilitarian, and stash busting. I am going to take some time to go slow on a Tilton top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Tilton top? I have a couple that are sitting on my want-to-sew pile once I catch up on my sewing.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...