Friday 15 August 2014

Linen Wrap Dress

The Tim Gunn Project:  The Day Dress

Fabric:    2.9 metres of linen
               3.2 metres of satin

Thread:  Finished off 1 spool of 100% cotton white thread

Pattern:  Vogue 8784



I am pleased with how this wrap dress pattern turned out despite my sewing blooper. The front bodice pleats are my favourite part. They give this bodice a lovely shape. I prefer this bodice to the gathered bodice on Vogue 8896 that I made earlier this year. If I make another wrap dress using this pattern I will make a couple of changes,

  1. lengthen it a little bit (maybe an inch more) and
  2. don't forget the sleeves!    
The linen print and embroidered fabric I found at Northwest earlier this year. The satin fabric that I used for the lining is from Fabricland and was not my intended fabric. I only picked it up when I was outraged that lining fabric was way more expensive than the satin. So in protest, I bought the satin. And oh my goodness, I am so glad I did because it feels amazing under this dress. 

In hindsight, I'm glad that this turned out to be a sleeveless linen wrap dress because it appears that summer finally arrived and it looks like we're going to have a few more hot days ahead.

If you're looking for a wrap dress pattern, sleeves or no sleeves, I would highly recommend this one! Out of the three wrap dresses that I made this year, this is my favourite pattern.  

Happy Sewing!  



3 comments:

  1. Aw, so pretty! I really love the fabric and the pattern - great pairing. Did you line the whole dress, or just the bodice?

    I don't blame you for rage-buying the satin - sounds like something I'd do too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress turned out really nice & what pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...