Saturday, 13 July 2013

Baby Blues

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #24

Fabric Used:       .80 metre of cotton lace knit

Pattern Used:     Burda 9752

Snaps Used:       6

Thread Used:      1 spool

Trim Used:           1 metre

*****

Oh my goodness, I adore this pattern almost as much as I do the fabric used to make this little dress.

The fabric has been in my stash for I don't know how many years. Let's just say many. It is a light-weight cotton knit that has a laced pattern through it. I've been reluctant to cut into this fabric for far too long and it is long time coming that I made something out of it.

I broke the current gender rules in making this little blue dress. I did say current. Back in the early 20th century, blue was perceived as "more delicate and dainty" and "prettier for girls" (Maglaty 1). To make this look more current, I did add some pink in a floral trim.

The trim has pink for the current notion of gender identification. It has been part of my stash for many moons. The wooden spool of light blue 100% cotton thread that I used has been in my stash for over three decades and it was a perfect match.


The pattern, Burda 9752, is perfect and so adorable. It came together without any issues. It is a multi-sized pattern and includes sizes 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. If you are in the market for an infant pattern, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one.

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your nice comments on my crochet trip wardrobe!
    Just found you blog and will be following.

    ReplyDelete

In Sewing News Today...

I forgot how happy french seams make me. Giddy happy. I'm currently working on Vogue 1503 which has french seams and a pieced front. I...