Wednesday 4 January 2012

I've gotta get busy!

This is my final week of Christmas break and I've been wasting my Christmas break fighting a nasty cold and trying to finish some unfinished projects. And then throw in Christmas!

But now it is time to get to some serious work.

I have the honour of making my niece her graduation dress. She'll be graduating from high school in June.

Don't even ask me where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday she was just a wee little girl. In reality, last week we were discussing themes in Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. So since it is obvious I have a tendency of letting time fly by without realizing it, I've gotta get busy.

My niece has picked out a pattern, Simplicity 2398, and my job is make a muslin by the end of the week before she heads back to school.

I can't wait until we go fabric shopping. She knows the colours palette that she would like to explore. She's just letting me tag along. And I love fabric shopping as much as I'm excited about this new project. As soon as the spring/summer fabrics to hit the stores we'll be off running.

I'm getting ahead of myself, right now I have to cut out the muslin and piece it all together for fitting #1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...