Wednesday 25 January 2012

In sewing news today...

The comic shirt

The kAtheRine Tilton shirt made it's first public appearance today. I wore it to work. I figure I could get away with the print because I work at a school. The kids thought it was the coolest shirt ever. Bless their innocent little hearts, when I told them that I made it they were astonished.

"How did you get the comics on there?" they asked.  

I love my job. 

Also luv the new Burda patterns... 

I can't wait to sew these skirts.

I would like to make Version A from Burda Style 7215 and Version B from Burda Style 7216.

The skirts look so comfortable.


On my sewing table... 

But right now I sewing up another skirt, Vogue 2885.  I know, I have about three skirts from this pattern but I like how it fits. Besides, I cut it out before I stumbled across the new Burda Style skirts.







And on my cutting table... 
Simplicity 2398, it has me a wee bit confused. The bust measurements on the envelope are not the same as the "finished garment's bust measurement".  Okay. So does mean that I should cut out two bodice muslins for my niece to try? Does the pattern really need two inches of ease if it is going to have halter straps? And could this be why Christas said she had to make two muslins to find the perfect fit when she made the dress for her daughter? I haven't sewn a lot using Simplicity patterns. This should be interesting.

And that's all in sewing news today. Happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...