Monday, 24 October 2011
So far, I have the bodice pieces of the main fabric sewn together and attached the waistband.
The bodice front has shoulder gathering and the bodice back has a yoke and centre back seam.
The shoulders look a bit wide to me at the moment, don't they?
I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it looks when I attach the sleeves.
I didn't make a muslin for this dress pattern so I'm hoping that all turns out. I figured that I know my size in Vogue patterns and that I would just go with it. I know, my bad.
I've been luck so far [knock on wood] and the stripes on the plaid have for the most part been matching up quite nicely. But there is still the skirt portion to match up. Hopefully, my luck will continue.
The lining has been more of a challenge than matching up the stripes on the plaid.
I'm not a fan of working with slippery fabrics. Taking my time has, so far, been paying off. And I know I will like the way it will feel when it is all put together. So, for now the slow down and sew carefully technique might prove to be worth it in the end. Time will tell.
Ever since Fabricland/Fabricville stopped carrying Simplicity patterns the only way to get those lovely patterns has been to order them onl...
One of the fall 2017 Vogue Pattern release patterns that caught my eye was Kathryn Brenne's Vogue 9268 . I couldn't wait to get to ...
Seriously, it's the third version of the Eva dress by Tessuti patterns and I can't get enough, it's that comfortable. I wouldn&...
I made another Eva dress and this time I incorporated the seam allowance error of the first one into this project. The additional width o...
I don't know why I didn't organize my fabric stash like this in the beginning, I never thought of it until I lost a couple of treas...
Vogue released their Fall 2017 collection last night and over on Instagram this afternoon, things got quite political over this pattern. ...