Saturday, 1 October 2011

Sewing again...

I'm sewing a second black skirt. This time I'm using the Simplicity 4044 pattern. It is a 1940's Retro pattern.

I have to say that I absolutely love this pattern and how it fits.

Not so much loving the heavier-weight polyester crepe fabric that I chose for the project.

The fabric feels wonderful, and it looks great. But boy-oh-boy is it a tough fabric to get the creases out! It was packed away in my stash for a few years and those fold lines are a wee bit stubborn.

So, I'm going to take a break and leave it until the morning and see if I'll have more success with the steamer.

I just have the waist facings and the hem to sew. I can't wait till finish it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...