Researching 1953 fashions uncovered a few interesting facts. According to Retro Fashion History the colour palette for spring 1953 was "soft, pretty, feminine, and flattering" and white, beige, and soft pink was included in the "it" look for the time.
The importance of cotton to the American economy was highlighted when the government of the day awarded the first Cotton Fashion Award.
Coincidence that I chose a soft pink floral on an off-white 100% cotton sateen? Yes, I didn't research this prior to choosing the fabric. I just picked it out of the sale bin. Funny how things work out.
The fabric is cut. I'm looking forward to some sewing time this weekend and to see how it turns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stash busting: Knit Stirrup Pants / OOP Vogue 7630
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...
-
I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news. If you want to read about it, here is a li...
No comments:
Post a Comment