This pattern is from a few years back and it is still one of my favourites. It is from the now defunct McCall's NY Collection. I really liked the designs that came out of the NY Collection, and you can find them on ebay every now and then.
McCall's 2465 is a pattern that includes a pair of pants and coat dress.
The fabric that I chose was a deep burgandy overlay with black faux topstitch design throughout. I recall the fabric as one that frayed very easily but it turned out quite nicely. Thank goodness for a serger!
The coat dress is lined. I used a medium weight black lining. The lining is actually heavier than the fabric that I chose for the coat dress and I'm happy with the result.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Throwing up the White Flag: Simplicity 9372
Simplicity 9372 came into the stash because I was smitten over the look of the wrap shrug. And then it sat waiting for me to decide on the...
-
Rhonda over at Rhonda's Creative Life reflected this week on her past sewing life with "Cracking the Shell" after reading Sew ...
-
This cotton knit slip is made with out-of-print Kwik Sew 3645. A few years ago, this pattern was in the stash and I made a couple of camiso...
-
I do love a loose A-line style dress so when I saw versions of the Trapeze dress from Merchant and Mills popping up I was sold and wanted t...
-
Another cotton knit slip is hot off the worktable. After some much appreciated feedback on the toile, it is time to make another. Out-of-...
-
Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing Step-by-Step Techniques for Making Clothes and Home Accessories Published by Reader...



Oooh, I remember the NY collection, it was so classy, of course, when I first saw it I was so young I thought hemming was classy. I need to track down all of them! I love your coat-it looks perfect for sauntering into a party......
ReplyDeleteThanks. I've never worn it to a party, it's the prairies. But it is one of my go-to piece for going to the opera or theatre. I miss NY collection, they came out with some great patterns.
Delete