Sunday 22 October 2023

Stash busting: Chair Cover

This fabric has been in the stash for many, many moons years.  It previously made an appearance here on the blog as an arm chair caddy and reusable grocery bag and this time as a chair cover.  It's a discounted home décor fabric that I picked up for a song at Fabricland.    

An easy peasy project, I cut a length of 1.74 metres and sewed a narrow rolled hem at each cut edge.  I didn't finish the selvage edges because the short navy frayed edge that looked quite nice.  This 100% polyester was pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer.  


Project details

Fabric finish:  Rolled hem, 4.0 straight top-stitching

Fabric:  1.74 metres

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, L-shaped ruler, clear ruler, tailor's chalk, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, iron, ironing board, fabric scissors, polyester thread and an exercise break.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...