Monday 23 October 2023

Stash busting: Pillow Sham

There's more home décor sewing.  This time it's a pillow sham to go with the arm chair cover.    


An easy project that took minimal time to sew.  I used a pillow case to cut out the shape needed, one side was cut five inches longer than the other and then it was cut in half.  The edges of the cut edge were finished with seam binding.  


It's a little snug.  I could have added an inch or two for a more relaxed fit but that's a minor issue.  I'm okay with the snug fit since it will sit on top of the arm chair and the back of the chair has a curve.  

This finishes the last bit of this polyester home décor fabric.  Yippeee!  Polyester is not my top fabric choice for environmental and sustainability issues.  But for this type of project, it will be durable and will protect an arm chair that needs to be reupholstered in the future.  Until then, this will do.    


Project details

Seams:  3.0 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Zig-zag stitch

Fabric:  0.7 metres

Seam binding:  1.2 metres

Pattern:  Pillowcase

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, pins, pin cushion, Janome sewing machine, thread and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...