Tuesday 13 June 2023

National Sewing Machine Day

I'm celebrating National Sewing Machine day writing a silly little poem.  I didn't have any time to actually do any sewing today.  But I dreamt about it.   

I dream of time, sweet precious time,
spend at a sewing machine wrapped with thread.  
I dream of fabric, prewashed and laid out for cutting
in all sorts of colours; blue, orange, pink and red.  
I dream of patterns, well drafted and perfect
Void of alterations, if only in my head.  
I dream of sewing, without seam ripping, 
Seam ripping.  Oh, the dread!  
I dream of full bobbins, 
that keep the machine well fed.
I dream of the possibilities of fabric stitched 
with a sewing machine and thread.  

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...