Friday 30 June 2023

June in Review

Sewing, Alterations and Mending Projects

It was a slow month at the sewing table, more dreaming about sewing than actual work.  With the appearance of warmer weather yardwork certainly monopolized my time and cut into my sewing time.  L to R:  Orange cotton dress (Simplicity 9744), cotton pull-over top (McCall's 7630) and navy cotton sateen pull-on pants (out-of-print Butterick 6717).  


I guess all the projects were items I need, pullover easy-to-wear clothes.  The orange print dress ended up in someone else's closet but there are plans to revisit this pattern.  


And there was some mending.  But would you believe a fitted sheet?  I do love my flannel so of course when my flannel bedding required some tender care, it became a priority project.  Other than this the navy pants that I made this month quickly ended up on the mending pile to have the back elastic waist tightened.  


Stash Busting 

This month I managed to stash bust 5.6 metres of fabric, 2 buttons and 0.75 metres of elastic.  I did enter the stash busting contest over on Pattern Review but did not make anything that qualified to be entered.  This year there was a twist.  Contestants had to have both a piece of fabric and a pattern that was in the stash prior to 2023.  I only met one of the two.  By the time I would test a pattern, using fabric from the stash it would disqualify the entry because the pattern was already used, so I mentally dropped out of the contest not wanting to enter a toile.  The other two projects I was willing to cut into fabric that would have qualified were paired with a TNT pattern therefore disqualifying the entry.  


Upcoming Plans

I'm not really thinking about summer wear.  This year with all the smoke from forest fires and dealing with allergy symptoms I'm not all that keen on venturing outdoors.  I am thinking ahead to when the weather cools down and that I will need sweaters due to some stubborn weight gain over the last couple of years.  But I digress.  I've been on the search for a copy of the Toaster Sweater pattern by Sew House Seven but the only copies I can find are from international sellers and the shipping.  Oy!, the shipping costs are putting a halt to those plans.  

We'll have to wait and see.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...