Friday 22 April 2022

Small Acts of Green: Earth Day & Sewing

Okay, let's get something cleared up, my personal sewing is not and hasn't been zero waste.  And to be completely honest, I don't think it will ever come to that in my lifetime.  I will say that my sewing has evolved or the years and yes, I am getting better at using up scraps.  


Old sweaters have been turned into blankets and throws.  


New patchworked fabric created from smaller scraps to be turned into pajama bottoms turned out to be a more rewarding project that I could have imagined.  

I won't be sewing any zero-waste design garments they are just not my style.  Instead I'm okay with patchworking to keep scraps out of the landfill.  And possibly make a few pairs of patchworked pajama bottoms for the upcoming Christmas season.  Small steps at the sewing table.  

Happy Earth Day and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...