Sunday 10 April 2022

Sunday Mending: OOP Simplicity 6851

Perhaps, this does not fall under a mending job.  More like fixing my sewing blooper.  Remember this project?  

I made it back in December and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out until it was brought to my attention that I sewed the buttons and buttonholes in the wrong spot.  

Today was about mending my ways.  I stitched the old buttonholes closed, sewed on new buttons and sewed new buttonholes on the opposite side.  The buttons were changed as requested.  I thought the other buttons looked nice but this is not something I made for myself so it really doesn't matter what I think about the buttons.  It's what the person who will be wearing it thinks that is important.  Thankfully, they're happy with the new changes.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you did this as a request and not out of guilt. I never would have noticed the difference on your beautiful garment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the buttons and buttonholes on this one as requested. I sewed another robe (different fabric) back in February out of guilt. Thankfully, I didn't goof on that replacement version with the button placement.

      Delete
  2. I was hoping you didn't change it due to a random comment pointing it out, especially if it were rudely done. Since it was done at the request of the person who will be wearing it - totally cool, you done good, etc. IMHO you get to claim mending was done with this.

    ReplyDelete

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...