Wednesday 30 June 2021

June in Review...

Things have been pretty quiet at the sewing table recently with the exception of a few mending projects.  After work there just hasn't been time nor the energy to sew.  The desire is there and I do dream about sewing a few things when I do have the time.  If I ever find the time.  

I did manage to sew one dress this month only because most of my summer wardrobe does not fit.  


And I found a new home for the serger that was recently offloaded to me.  It wasn't working and even though it did benefit from a good oil treatment, it did need to go into a shop for some professional tender loving care (TLC).  It requires an investment of cash that happened to be out of my budget range to get it in working order.  Too bad my skill set doesn't include serger repairs, it would have been a welcome addition to the sewing table.


Output

Fabric:  3 metres (June) + 33.1 metres + 1 recycled skirt (prior months) = 36.1 metres + 1 recycled skirt

Zippers:  0 (June) + 1 - 55 cm zipper = 

Buttons:  0 (June) = 18

Seam binding:  3 metres (June) + 7 metres (prior months) = 10 metres

Knit 'N Stable Tape:  0.5 metres (June) + 9 metres (previous months) = 9.5 metres

Twill Tape:  0 (June) + 0.5 metres (prior months) = 0.5 metres

Spools of thread:  100 metres + 2 700 metres (prior months) = 2 800 metres

Sewing machine needles:  2 (June) + 3 (prior months) = 5

Hand needles:  0 (June) + 1 (prior months) = 1

Sewing Label:  1

Input

Fabric:  4 metres (June) + 34.7 metres (previous months) = 38.7 metres 

Sewing Machine Needles:  0 (June) + 1 package of 3 serger needles (previous months) = 3

Buttons:  0 (June) + 10 (previous months) = 10

Sewing patterns:  2 patterns (June) + 4 (previous months) = 6 

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...