Monday, 7 June 2021

Monday's Mending Pile

I had a lovely linen dress that accidently ended up in the washing machine and then it didn't fit.  The skirt portion was fine, it was around the armscye that was too tight and sat too high.  


So I cut it and serged the raw edge, turned it over and sewed a casing for some elastic.  You know where I'm going with this, right?  


I turned it into an elastic waist skirt.  I don't know why it looks pink in this picture but it's still an orange linen.  Anyway, I'm happy to have saved part of the dress.  It has shrunk most noticeably in the bodice and sleeve area.  I turned the upper portion of the dress into rags.  Waste not.  


And then there was another underarm hole to re-stitch.  This time it was this top that ended up in the mending pile.  I'm starting to think that I should insert gussets in my close-fitting tops and dresses as this seems to be a high-stress point in my clothing.  

And that's about all the mending for this week.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!



1 comment:

This Dress is Not Made for Windy Days

And I am no Marilyn Monroe .  So, it became apparent, as the weather warmed and coats were no longer needed, that the Ebony Dress was not g...