Saturday 7 November 2020

Production-style Charity Sewing: The Aplat Face Mask

 There has been some production style sewing of late.  



These, plus five more, will be going to the hard-working teachers and educational assistants at a local school who wear glasses. I find the biggest issue with wearing a face mask all day is how do you get around your glasses fogging up?  I hope they will be well-received and the fit of the Aplat face mask offers the solution.  


The best feature which turned out being a big pain in the fingers were the cord and cord stopper feature.  That was not fun in a production line situation.  I'm happy they're done and ready to deliver. Fingers are crossed that they are well-received.  

 

Project Details

Seams:  2.4 straight stitch 

Seam Finish:  None

Tips:  The narrowest width of cotton twill tape is the most comfortable for over the ear.

Fabric (includes filter fabric):  4.8 metres

Twill tape:   27 metres

Seam binding (I ran out of twill tape):  3 metres

Cord Stoppers:  20

Pattern:  Aplat Face Mask Origami Design (Free PDF)

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, thread clippers, pins, pin cushion, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, seam ripper, masking tape, safety pin, computer, printer, paper scissors and coffee. 

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of you! I just love that Norman Rockwell print - very clever for a mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a lovely print. I wish I picked up more of that print.

      Delete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...