Friday 13 November 2020

Corduroy Pants: Vogue 1730

I cut into a piece of corduroy fabric before testing out this pattern, Vogue 1730.  I know, risky business considering that we're in code red and just entered into a relaxed lockdown and fabric shopping is challenging at this time.  


It's not perfect, but it's wearable.  
It's hard to tell in the navy coloured corduroy but there are a lot of darts at the hemline.  These remind me of the shaping at the hemline of Marcy Tilton's coat pattern, out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 8934.  The line drawing would suggest that this are more of a straight leg pant that tapers in at the hemline.  Not so, perhaps you should think of these as in the style of jodhpurs or hammer pants.  Seriously, had to take in the side seams from the waistline to above the darts to taper in the excessive hip ease.  It's a little more baggy in the rear than I like.  I would suggest considering this fact if you plan to try out this pattern.  If I revisit this pattern I would taper in those centre back leg seams from the waistline as well.  

The pattern envelope describes these as cropped pants but since I'm nowhere near the height of a Vogue model, these are full length pants on me.  I'm good with this.  Love the size of the pockets.  

The fabric is a lovely small wade corduroy.  It was pretreated before hitting the cutting table.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.6 stitch length

Seam Finish:  Serged 

Fabric:  2.1 metres

Elastic:  0.5 metres

Pattern:  Vogue 1730

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, sewing machine, serger, thread clippers, iron, ironing board.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...