Thursday 12 September 2019

Winter Staple: Vogue 8939

I've made a few turtleneck dresses over the years but would you believe none of them are currently part of my wardrobe. I'm making this one out of a polyester cable motif knit. I know! I said I was staying away from polyester, but this fabric was in the stash before I made that declaration. I'm just trying to use up what's in the fabric stash.


I do love the colour and the cable knit design on this fabric. Hopefully, it will hold up and not pill or become a static magnetic like the others. We'll see how it holds up as being an autumn staple. Right now I'm pleased with a long sleeve dress that should keep me warm as the temperatures cool.

Hope to one day make this in a wool or dare I dream, a cashmere knit. Emma One Sock currently has some wool double knit in stock. I need to use what is in my stash though.


The pattern is Vogue 8939, currently out-of-print. In the past, I lengthened the pattern ten inches but this time, I was limited by my fabric length and only had enough to lengthen it by six inches. It's the perfect length! The sleeves of course were shortened. I will admit that the project as a whole is not perfect. I find that I need some muscle to pull this dress over I head when putting it on and taking it off because for some reason the neck is quite snug. I don't recall this being an issue with the others.


The Stats

Fabric:  2.1 metres quilted cable matelassé knit

Needle:  Ball point

Interfacing:  0.5 metres Knit-N-Stable tape

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 8939

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushions, scissors, thread clippers, screwdriver, walking foot, sewing machine, serger, threads, clapper, tailor's chalk, and tea.

Happy Sewing!


3 comments:

  1. Love that pattern. I bet it is very comfortable on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the pieces that come with this pattern, I've only made the dress. Have you made any of the other pieces?

      And Yes, it's very comfortable on. I'm hoping that it will keep me warm with the cooler weather coming as well. Of course, it suppose to warm up to summer-temperatures this weekend and into early next week, lol! God bless.

      Delete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...