Monday 9 September 2019

Third Time's the Charm: Vogue 1642 Wool Pants

Vogue 1642 is one of the fabulous patterns released from the Vogue Fall 2019 line. It is the forth time I visited this pattern, the third time for the pants.
The first pair of pants that I made with Vogue 1642 were quite comfortable and I knew I wanted to revisit this pattern.  The next pair there were some miscalculations. These pants are just right! I shortened the length two inches from the second pair and then another 1/2" on the left leg to adjust for a scoliosis consequence.  The crotch length were adjusted to be the same height as on the size 14 and I cut the side seams half way between the L and XL sizing. I like the looser fit so that the fact that one hip is high than the other is not as noticeable.


I can't stress enough how comfortable these pants are and how thrilled I am that the waistline actually sits at the waist. Bonus that there are side pockets!  

The fabric is a British wool suiting fabric that has been in the stash for far too long. It was previously pretreated so that was one step I didn't have to worry about. To get the best pressed seams, I found the clapper and lots of steam came in handy. I can throw these in the washing machine without worrying if they shrink since if they do they will likely still fit.  

The Stats

Fabric:  2.1 metres 

Interfacing:  0.7 metres fusible

Elastic:  1.2 metres

PatternVogue 1642

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Pins, pin cushion, cutting table, iron, ironing board, tailor's chalk, hand sewing needle, tailor's wax, threads, sewing machine, scissors, thread clippers, serger, measuring tape, measuring gauge, walking foot, screwdriver, chai tea latte.  

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when pants fit at the proper waistline and don't feel like the crotch is falling down to your knees? Wonderful work! I will start the top on this pattern shortly and I'm excited. It is one gorgeous design and definitely the best of the season, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! It was working with this pattern, hope you enjoy the pattern as much as I have. I'm really pleased with the Vogue Fall 2019 collection. I'm going to start Vogue 1644 shortly.

      Delete
  2. I really love these pants. I may have to take a look for the pattern very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a fun pattern, I quite enjoyed sewing these up. God bless.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...