Wednesday, 14 December 2016

In Sewing News Today...

It is nice to be back in the sewing room. Work on the coat is coming along slowly, lots of hand-sewing with the underlining is slowing work down. Needless to say, the workspace is a bit of a mess. My loose-weave wool fabric is shedding all over the place as I move from sewing machine, to the table, to the ironing board, to the serger, and back to the sewing machine. The good-ole Janome is handling all the layers like champ unlike all those buttonholes the other day. Thank goodness for the walking foot. I don't think I could sew all those layers without one.  

Talking about essential sewing tools, there is a new one in the sewing room that I'm wondering how I ever lived without.  


Yeah, a mini-vacuum! Seriously, how did I live without this? This little tool is up there with Jean-a-ma-jig as a favourite sewing tool. I found this at Fabricland a few weeks ago when they were having a 50% off sale on notions. Let me just say, if you have a fellow sewist on your Christmas list, this might be something to consider.


Talking about gift ideas (and some shameless self-promotion), there are some new microwave bowl cozies in the Etsy shop.

Now for something completely different--spring sewing. Yeah, McCall's released their new early spring sewing patterns! And not that I need any new sewing patterns but there are a few that caught my eye as I sit here in my flannel dreading the wind chill out there.
McCall's 7541: A Cape Top! Ohhh, I so like the idea of this top. Loose fitting and suitable for stable knits! This goes on my-want list.


Those pleats at the back neckline remind me of McCall's 7259 that came out a couple of years ago.


I'm happy to see the off-the-shoulder trend is still around for spring since I did not get around to making my own off-the-shoulder look this past summer. Maybe I'll get around to it in 2017?

And McCall's 7546 is a cute shirt pattern. Mind you, I don't need another shirt pattern, I just think it's cute. How about you, any new patterns that have you thinking about spring?

Well, that is all in sewing news today. I should get back to my winter sewing projects because it's cold outside.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I also liked the cape blouse/top pattern when I looked at them last night. The rest I kind of don't know about yet. Need to think on them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to get the cape blouse pattern and have a sweater knit that I'm thinking will work.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...