Wednesday 14 December 2016

In Sewing News Today...

It is nice to be back in the sewing room. Work on the coat is coming along slowly, lots of hand-sewing with the underlining is slowing work down. Needless to say, the workspace is a bit of a mess. My loose-weave wool fabric is shedding all over the place as I move from sewing machine, to the table, to the ironing board, to the serger, and back to the sewing machine. The good-ole Janome is handling all the layers like champ unlike all those buttonholes the other day. Thank goodness for the walking foot. I don't think I could sew all those layers without one.  

Talking about essential sewing tools, there is a new one in the sewing room that I'm wondering how I ever lived without.  


Yeah, a mini-vacuum! Seriously, how did I live without this? This little tool is up there with Jean-a-ma-jig as a favourite sewing tool. I found this at Fabricland a few weeks ago when they were having a 50% off sale on notions. Let me just say, if you have a fellow sewist on your Christmas list, this might be something to consider.


Talking about gift ideas (and some shameless self-promotion), there are some new microwave bowl cozies in the Etsy shop.

Now for something completely different--spring sewing. Yeah, McCall's released their new early spring sewing patterns! And not that I need any new sewing patterns but there are a few that caught my eye as I sit here in my flannel dreading the wind chill out there.
McCall's 7541: A Cape Top! Ohhh, I so like the idea of this top. Loose fitting and suitable for stable knits! This goes on my-want list.


Those pleats at the back neckline remind me of McCall's 7259 that came out a couple of years ago.


I'm happy to see the off-the-shoulder trend is still around for spring since I did not get around to making my own off-the-shoulder look this past summer. Maybe I'll get around to it in 2017?

And McCall's 7546 is a cute shirt pattern. Mind you, I don't need another shirt pattern, I just think it's cute. How about you, any new patterns that have you thinking about spring?

Well, that is all in sewing news today. I should get back to my winter sewing projects because it's cold outside.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I also liked the cape blouse/top pattern when I looked at them last night. The rest I kind of don't know about yet. Need to think on them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to get the cape blouse pattern and have a sweater knit that I'm thinking will work.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...