Tuesday 20 December 2016

Another Item Checked Off the Christmas List

Here's the little gal version of vintage McCall's 9278.


Oh my goodness, I can't decide which one I like more. I can't, they're both cute in their own way.  No buttons on  this version, just a tie belt.  Since my fingers are still sore from turning the tie belt over from yesterday's make, I thought I would take it easy on my fingers and make a ribbon tie belt.   


The trim used on the robe was added to the ribbon.


Just a couple of minor changes to the pattern instructions.  The pattern calls for the collar facing to be turned under at the neckline seam and slip-stitched. Since the serger does a wonderful job finishing the seam edges I stuck to that. And the treatment of the interfacing calls for the interfacing to be fused to the front pieces. I followed the pattern instructions on this for the little boy's version but with this one I fused the interfacing to the facing pieces. I would say that I found pinning and stitching the collar and neckline, it's easier to go with the pattern's instructions.  

Well, I can check off another gift off the Christmas list. One more gift to stitch up tomorrow night.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:  1.4 metres

Interfacing:  0.6 metres (fusible interfacing)

Ribbon:  1 metre

Trim:  1.5 metres

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, threads (for the sewing machine, serger and hand-stitching), hand needle, pins, cutting table, scissors, clippers, walking foot, iron, ironing board, coffee, wrist brace and cookies.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...