Fabric Used: 2.7 metres 100% polyester (including lining).
Pattern Used: McCall's 9264, McCall's NY Collection, circa 1998.
Zipper Used: 1 invisible zipper from stash
This dress was cut out last month. Left over silk was cut for the lining. I even traced out the dart marking before I realized my mistake.
Can you spot my error?
Yup, I was suppose to cut the bodice with the upper bodice centre front on the fold.
Luckily, there was enough of the floral fabric to cut out a new bodice. There was not enough silk so I opted for lining fabric instead.
|One dart down! Off to press the dart down.|
|Once the two lower darts have been sewn the lower centre seam bodice seam is sewn before tackling the upper bodice dart.|
|The upper dart in place...|
|... it is time to do it all over again with the lining fabric.|
|All this work was worth it. I love the bodice detail. |
Well, the invisible zipper is finally sewn into place. There was about as much drama with the zipper as with the bodice front. No pictures but in my carelessness I ended up sewing a perfect invisible zipper before realizing that the front bodice was twisted. Oops! Luckily I didn't have to cut anymore fabric but I did have to dig out the seam ripper to unstitch on side of the zipper and untangle the dress bodice.
In the process of sewing this dress, I have nicknamed it the dress of a 1000 mistakes. It is almost done, just some hand-stitching left to do and the hem. I just wanted to take a break to show you how it looks with all my initial mistakes corrected.
It fits perfectly. I'm so thrilled that I was able to find a previously loved pattern in my current size.
With all the drama that I had endured, I can not hesitate to recommend this pattern if you are lucky enough to find it. This pattern is a true gem.