Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Simplicity 2372--Tweaked

Last summer I made Mama R a dress using Simplicity 2372. She claims that she likes it but... There is always a but, she had some ideas on how it could become a better dress.

She's kind of like Goldilocks without the blonde hair. The first few versions of Vogue 7836, remember those? Long story short, first the neckline was too tight. There was an episode where I had to reshape the neckline. Then I tried Simplicity 2372 because she wanted something looser around the neck. She said she liked it but recently she pointed out that maybe it was too loose.

Sew, I cut the upper portion of the raglan sleeve seam down two sizes smaller to reshape the neckline.

Fingers crossed that this one is just right.

Mama R was spot on about adjusting the width of the neckline. It does fit her much better.

And there were few other changes to the design of the dress. I eliminated the centre front seam. Added an invisible zipper to the centre back. And made the sleeve about five inches longer.

The fabric is 100% cotton. I love this print, it reminds me of lace. I found it in the reduced section of the upholstery/home furnishing section. You would never think it was an home furnishing fabric, it has the weight of a light to medium weight denim.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Fields Apron

I picked up this strawberry field print quilting cotton fabric and seam binding yesterday to make Mom an apron. She's been waiting for ...