Monday 3 July 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Big holiday weekend and I missed all the festivities as I spent the weekend in bed. ~sigh~ I had Canada Day off and last week I briefly considered making an outfit just for the occasion. I was inspired by this picture on Pattern Review.  

Butterick 6177 Katherine Tilton design
Photo credit:  pfjonker {Source}

Isn't it fabulous! It was also one of the featured holiday outfits on Pattern Review's instagram account. It's made with the Canada Day cotton prints sold at Fabricland. Marshall Fabrics also carries Canada themed print fabrics. I'm so glad that I didn't spend the money on fabric (I can't believe I just wrote that! There might be hope for me yet.) for a festive Canada Day outfit since it would have turned into my holiday pyjama outfit instead. Mind you, I could use some new pyjamas.  

Talking about pyjamas, New Look 6321 is a recent addition to the pattern stash. I found this uncut pattern at a second hand store for a few nickels. The plan is to lengthen view E and if there is enough fabric maybe end up with a maxi-length nightshirt. There is some white cotton terry knit in the fabric stash that I would like to use up. If there isn't enough of the terry knit for a maxi-length, I just make a tee-shirt length and use up the last bit of blue waffle fabric and make some pants as well. We'll see what I can manage.  

Nothing like feeling under the weather to make one consider making sleepwear. Well, that's all in sewing news today. I hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend (if you're celebrating Canada Day or the forth of July tomorrow).   

And Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...