Tuesday 27 June 2017

More Cotton Knickers

I refuse to buy any more knickers now that I have Simplicity 8229 in my pattern collection.  


Seriously, with this pattern and some cotton knit fabric I just want to replace all the ill-fitting RTW undies in my drawer.  


These beige / taupe coloured pairs are made with left over cotton knit from this top. I recently found this cotton knit fabric at Fabricland. The picot elastic is from Marshall/Northwest Fabrics but I haven't seen any more of each of these on my last trips to the stores. Thankfully, I have a few leads on some online shops that sell picot elastic. 


The Stats:  

Fabric:  1 metre 

Elastic:  4.8 metres 

Pattern:  Simplicity 8229

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, scissors, thread clippers, pins, cutting table, iron, ironing board, thread for the serger and sewing machine, box of kleenex (I can't be catching a cold!), cup of tea with lemon and honey, and a couple of breaks.  

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. 5.6M of elastic??? That seems excessive lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that should read 4.8 metres (2.4 metres / 2 5.8 yards of elastic for each pair), I made two pairs. Thanks for spotting that mistake, I'll change it right away.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...