Monday 26 June 2017

Monday's Mending Pile

There is a reason that I save itsy-bitsy tiny pieces of interfacing. For those times when a thumb-size hole appears in a jacket pocket.


The interfacing comes in handy when doing little mending projects. Call me frugal if you like. I won't take offence, actually I'll take it as a compliment.   


The hole in my jacket is actually a tear just above the stitching line. I could have used a store bought patch but those are heavier than the fabric on my jacket.  


This piece of fusible interfacing was a better match.


And once I had the tear covered up I just restitched a new seam. Now I just have to get in the habit of throwing my keys in my purse instead of my pockets.  


Next item to make it off the mending pile is the shirtdress that I made out of McCall's 7546. The pattern instructions call for top-stitching along the basting of the front facing, instead I hand-stitched it in place. My bad because it didn't hold up.  


Top-stitching the front facing was a quick fix. No fancy tricks here, just a observation that McCall's knows best. Well, that's a couple more items off the mending pile.  

Okay, it's not quite this bad.  It just feels like it. {Source}

Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the pile! That is how mending feels...thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...