Tuesday, 27 June 2017

More Cotton Knickers

I refuse to buy any more knickers now that I have Simplicity 8229 in my pattern collection.  


Seriously, with this pattern and some cotton knit fabric I just want to replace all the ill-fitting RTW undies in my drawer.  


These beige / taupe coloured pairs are made with left over cotton knit from this top. I recently found this cotton knit fabric at Fabricland. The picot elastic is from Marshall/Northwest Fabrics but I haven't seen any more of each of these on my last trips to the stores. Thankfully, I have a few leads on some online shops that sell picot elastic. 


The Stats:  

Fabric:  1 metre 

Elastic:  4.8 metres 

Pattern:  Simplicity 8229

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, walking foot, scissors, thread clippers, pins, cutting table, iron, ironing board, thread for the serger and sewing machine, box of kleenex (I can't be catching a cold!), cup of tea with lemon and honey, and a couple of breaks.  

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. 5.6M of elastic??? That seems excessive lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that should read 4.8 metres (2.4 metres / 2 5.8 yards of elastic for each pair), I made two pairs. Thanks for spotting that mistake, I'll change it right away.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...