This one is for Mama R. She liked the first version I made of Butterick 6182 and asked if I would make one for her. So I did.
I did tweak the pattern a wee bit.
- The centre back seam was removed and cut as one
- I goofed while placing the back pattern piece on the fold. Instead of placing the stitching line on the fold I placed the pattern edge on the fold.
- The above error meant that I had to lengthen the neckline band by 5/8" on each end.
- The pattern required more ease in the mid-section / waist area so I adjusted the width a total of 5 1/4" around the hemline and graded it to a size 14 at the bust, shoulder and neckline.
- The hem length was given an additional two inches and a one inch machine stitched hem instead of the 5/8" hem.
- I didn't fold the bias cut neckline band before stitching it in place.
Despite my error with the centre back piece, the fit was perfect. [Thank goodness!] Mama R's pleased with her new top and has already place a request for another. She also hinted that the dress looks like it would be nice. I think I'm going to be busy with this pattern.
The fabric might look familiar. I made Mama R a dress from this fabric a while back. It is the last bit of this fabric that has been in my stash longer than I care to remember. Now that I know the changes to the pattern work and Mama R is happy with this wearable muslin, all that is left to do is press that hem and get to work on the next one.