Saturday, 1 August 2015

And One for Mama R...

Stash-busting 2015:  Another Lisette Top


This one is for Mama R. She liked the first version I made of Butterick 6182 and asked if I would make one for her. So I did.  


I did tweak the pattern a wee bit.  

  • The centre back seam was removed and cut as one
  • I goofed while placing the back pattern piece on the fold.  Instead of placing the stitching line on the fold I placed the pattern edge on the fold.  
  • The above error meant that I had to lengthen the neckline band by 5/8" on each end.
  • The pattern required more ease in the mid-section / waist area so I adjusted the width a total of 5 1/4" around the hemline and graded it to a size 14 at the bust, shoulder and neckline.  
  • The hem length was given an additional two inches and a one inch machine stitched hem instead of the 5/8" hem.  
  • I didn't fold the bias cut neckline band before stitching it in place.  
Despite my error with the centre back piece, the fit was perfect. [Thank goodness!] Mama R's pleased with her new top and has already place a request for another. She also hinted that the dress looks like it would be nice. I think I'm going to be busy with this pattern.  

The fabric might look familiar. I made Mama R a dress from this fabric a while back. It is the last bit of this fabric that has been in my stash longer than I care to remember. Now that I know the changes to the pattern work and Mama R is happy with this wearable muslin, all that is left to do is press that hem and get to work on the next one.  

Happy Sewing!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Grading for a Larger Size

This will be good practice. That's what I'm telling myself. Remember the latest Eva dress that I made for a friend. Well, it&...