Monday, 28 July 2014

Unintentional Housedress

Stash busting 2014:  McCall's 2176

Fabric:  1.5 metres

Zipper:  22" invisible zipper

This turned out to be an unintentional housedress / wearable muslin for Mama R. It came about because I'm trying to find a simple dress pattern that I can use for another fabric and I found this pattern in Mama R's stash.

It is McCall's 2176, a super easy make. It is a well drafted pattern but I will have to tweak it a wee bit to make it work for the suiting fabric I have in mind. Mama R will need more ease in the waistline area if I'm going to make this other version.

I did add some ease to the centre front of the dress when I cut out the fabric. And I straightened the centre back adding a zipper while I was at it. About six and a half inches below the lower armhole I eased out to the narrowest seam allowance. It is wearable and will work as a housedress. But if I'm going to make another one I will have to give it a workable seam allowance and ease through the body of the dress. The neckline is a little wide too. I'll have to tweak that as well as shortening the shoulder width.  

The fabric may look familiar. It is the same fabric used for this dress. I had enough left-over fabric to test out this pattern. It was nice to stash bust the last bit of this fabric. The fabric came from the home decor department at Fabricland. It is a silk screened 100% cotton sateen.


Not too much else to say about this "relaxed fit" dress. It is a good basic pattern that I will reshape to work with this wool fabric. I will keep the pockets and line them.  I'm actually excited about making a matching dress and jacket as soon as a fix up the dress pattern.



Happy Sewing!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

In Sewing News Today...

Today marks the end of Make Something Week hosted by Greenpeace and Fashion Revolution. I love that it was held in December, when consumeri...