Monday 10 February 2014

Revisiting an Old Fave for a New Maxi Dress

Stash busting 2014:  Vogue 9968

Fabric:     1.8 metre knit fabric.

Thread:    Black thread for the overlock machine and left-over blue thread for the sewing machine.

*****

Vogue 9968 has been in my pattern stash since it came out in 1998. It is rightly rated "very easy" as this pattern consists of two pattern pieces.  

I made this dress as a wearable muslin since I was a different shape since the last time I sewed this up. I added to the side seams hoping that the dress will fit and luckily it does. This is one comfortable dress. 

The fabric may look familiar. Yes, it is the exact same fabric that I used to make the cardigan. Ideally, I would have made it in a cotton knit but I have so much of this fabric that I would like to stash bust that I used it instead. I was not trying to make a coordinating piece. I picked up this fabric dirt cheap from an establishment that was going out of business and I still have enough of this fabric to sew another garment.  

But for now I think I can move onto another knit. I'm thinking a cotton knit fabric since the pattern is still usable and summer spring is hopefully around the corner.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...