Tuesday 18 February 2014

Knickers: The Third Time's the Charm

Stash Busting 2014: Knickers

Fabric:    0.5 metres of a cotton lycra blend

Elastic:    2 metres of elastic (I'm guessing here)

Pattern:   Butterick 6031

*****

Thank you Gertie!  

I am so please with your panties pattern, Butterick 6031, I can hardly put my thoughts into words.  

The butt coverage is awesome!  

In the photo of the pattern envelope it looks as if it may be a boy cut pair of panties but it is not. These panties are way sexier than any boy cut panties. Not that I was looking for sexy. I was looking for comfort and I found that in this pattern.  

Now, I did add an extra wide elastic for the waist. And the top of the elastic sits higher than my natural waistline but I'm all good with that. These knickers will be perfect to wear with an empire waist dress. I actually want to make another pair just like these ones.

Otherwise, I think I will raise the front a wee higher so that it sits on my natural waist and use the recommended elastic width. The fit other than my preference for a higher waistline is perfect.

I can't wait to make some more!

Happy Sewing!  





1 comment:

  1. Very Cute!
    these knickers are much more appealing to me than the bikini-type style
    :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...