Tuesday, 25 June 2013

The Quest for a Great Fitting Pair of Pants: Chapter 3



Okay, I'm feeling better about the size I cut these pants out in because they are too big. I could lose some weight but that is another blog post for another time. Back to the pants, I could have gone about two or three sizes small in the waist. I haven't sewn the invisible zipper in the back yet. In these pictures it is pinned with a larger allowance that should be. I think this calls for a piece of pie to celebrate! Kidding.

What I love about this, Burda 7122, pant pattern is the wide leg. One of the big issues I have about wearing pants is being able to also wear my knee braces comfortably. No problem in these.

The only alteration that I have made to the pattern before I cut it out was to the length. No kidding here. I shortened the pattern one inch below the knee and another above the knee. And I still could have gone a couple more inches.  

I'm not sure what's going on in the crotch area and how to fix it but I'm going to wait to figure it out once I have the zipper in place. The other issue is what to do about the waist. I have the high waist sections cut out and ready to go but now I'm thinking about changing directions. I think I might go ahead and cut out the waistband for version A instead of B.

For now, I'm going to call it a night.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Sewing News Today...

Today marks the end of Make Something Week hosted by Greenpeace and Fashion Revolution. I love that it was held in December, when consumeri...