Just off a big project and tidying up the sewing area. There are a few things that I need to tackle before I think about my next project.
First up, hemming a pair of pants for Papa R. Even Mama R thinks that these will have to be re-hemmed down the road since Papa R is notorious for his lack of patience when it comes to the fitting process.
I believe that in the Portuguese culture bad sewing karma will fall upon your sewing machine if you tell your kin-folk to take their alterations to the tailor. But I have to tell you it is a secret fantasy of mine. I much rather sew something from scratch than mend or alter.
That said, I really can not procraftinate any longer. This weekend will be devoted to all those mending and alteration projects that I just need to get done.
What is on your sewing table?
Happy Sewing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stash busting: Knit Stirrup Pants / OOP Vogue 7630
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news. If you want to read about it, here is a li...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...

PROCRAFTINATE!!!! I love that!
ReplyDeleteI know! Isn't that a great word. I can't take credit for it, I found the definition over at My Roman Apartment http://www.myromanapartment.com/
ReplyDelete