Wednesday, 26 June 2013

The Quest for a Great Fitting Pair of Pants: Chapter 4

Not much sewing on my pants tonight. I did take them in one and a half inches around the waist from the side and centre front and that seems to have done the trick.

I still have to sew the invisible zipper, decide on the waistband and hem. I'm just not feeling all that great and am going to call it an early night. Hopefully, I will finish them up by the week's end.

I wish I could get my hands on a copy of Pants for Real People. The local library does not carry a copy and I haven't seen any copies in the local bookstores.

Even without the book, I do realize now that I am at least a size smaller in the waist compared to my hip. This will be good information to work with when I tackle my next pair of pants, Vogue 1325.  

But for now, I need to get these Burda "new Marlene Dietrich-style" pants. I have to admit that I had to look up Marlene Dietrich. Here is what I discovered about this Hollywood legend.

Enjoy and Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog and thought I would mention you can buy Pants for Real People on Amazon.com as a Kindle download....just under $12 US - if you are interested in an electronic version....

    ReplyDelete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...