Thursday 15 March 2012

Those who can't sew, mend or not.

I was reminded the other day that I'm recovering from fractured ribs. Damn, this is taking way too long, it is over five weeks already.

I was at work when I got down on my knees and helped a student organize their desk. Long story short, crowded space, twisting at the waist and I'm hurting, A LOT OF HURTING. I thought it would go away, but it did not. ~sigh~ It just got worse as the evening progressed.

I've missed another two days of work and am now popping Tylenol 2. And yesterday, the pharmacy gave me the wrong prescription. It had my name on the bottle but instead of filling the prescription for Tylenol 2 they filled it for Tylenol 3. I didn't figure it out before I took two. Way to FAIL W??-M???T. They were very apologetic on the phone and the pharmacist offered to to drop off the correct prescription.

Sew, needless to say there hasn't been a lot of sewing for me. I couldn't stand not having a sewing tool in my hands. Sew today that was what I did when the Tylenol 2 were working without making me drowsy like the Tylenol 3 did, I picked up a sewing needle and thread.

I had this mac & jac jacket in the mending pile. The sleeves were too long. They were turned up four inches and I knew I should have taken apart the seams where the lining and jacket fabric meet.

But I didn't.

Instead I completed the worse mending job ever. But, it felt good to hold a sewing needle in between my fingers and sew those stitches.

And now it is back in the mending pile. I'll do it right when I'm not in a Tylenol induced state.
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better! I am on week four after foot surgery and not being able to sew much is driving me nuts. I can do it, but it takes so long and wears me out. I feel you! We can make it.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...