Thursday 9 February 2012

Thank You!

{Source}
First, thank you for all the get well wishes. I guess it will just take time.

I've discovered sewing along with laughter is not the best medicine for a rib injury.

I tried to hand sew a hem on a skirt and that was challenging. I never felt so fatigued by a skirt hem. I had to break it down into three sessions. ~sigh~

I'm having a hard time with this rest part of the recovery process. I really would rather be sewing and back at work. And sleep, I really miss a good night's sleep.

But while I'm awake it has been nice to read everyone's comments and reflections on Sew Grateful Week. There are a lot of wonderful give-aways! Thanks Debi for organizing all of this!

I'll be laying low while I'm on the mend but I'll be back on Sunday to announce the winner of the Sew Grateful Week pattern give-away. Don't worry I've spent some of my recovery time jotting down everyone's entries according to the times posted from the two blog posts for the give-away. So it doesn't matter which post you had commented on, the comments are numbered according to the time and date that your comments were made. Good luck to everyone who entered.  

I hope everyone is having a great time in your sewing rooms. I can't wait to join in the creative process again. Hopefully soon.

Until then Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself ... I know how recovering from surgery can be frustrating but it's important you get better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm trying. It's not surgery that I'm recovering from... mending from bruised and cracked ribs from a vehicle accident last weekend. Slowly but surely.

      Delete
  2. Definitely rest up! Glad to hear you are on the mend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you go to get yourself checked out by a doctor after your accident. I love the grad dress design. It will be beautiful made up in the fabric of her choice.
    I read your post about no one being interested in sewing unless it's to their benefit. I know what you are saying there. I don't have any sewing friends and it would be so lovely to sit and chat sewing over a coffee.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did.

      And I love the grad dress design too, even more as I was sewing the muslin. I can't take credit for it, my niece picked it out. I love how the tie drapes in the back or could be tied into a bow. I can't wait to see what fabric she'll chose.

      Delete
  4. Do you knit or crochet? That might be a little easier on the ribs, but still make you feel occupied. I hope your recovery is quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I don't knit, I wish I did. And crocheting I haven't crocheted in ages. I gave up when I discovered that I have not talent when it comes to tension control. Miss sewing terribly but I am reading Arlene Dickinson's book when I'm not reading sewing blogs ;)

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...