Wednesday 1 February 2012

In sewing news today...

I'm working on the muslin for the V.I.D. (Very Important Dress), Simplicity 2398.

That is my focus for this week. I'm both excited and nervous about this project. It is a grad dress for my niece. I really hope she likes it when it is finished. I'm giving myself lots of time and all my attention for this project. And I'm stocked up on coffee.

This evening I spent cutting, just one more piece to cut. But I had to take a break. I lost one of the two fold-out tables that I used to cut fabric on, so I've been cutting on my cutting board on the floor. My knees are not what they used to be, so a late night date with the ice pack was in order. Feeling much better now but it is past my bedtime.

Tomorrow that last piece, the skirt front won't take long to cut out and I should be able to get started on some sewing.

My niece will be coming over this weekend to try it on. Then I can make any required pattern adjustments.

We (my niece, her mom and I) have an date booked to go shopping for fabric over the Louis Riel weekend. I can't believe that is in less than three weeks. Fingers crossed the new spring/summer fabrics will be out.

Sew much to do before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...