Wednesday 6 December 2023

Stash busting: Pull-on Denim Pants / OOP Butterick 6716


What to say about this project?  It's a pair of pull-on pants made with out-of-print (OOP) Butterick 6717.  The print version of this pattern is no longer available but it is still available on the Simplicity.com website as a PDF pattern.  This pattern has made an appearance here several times.  It's become my go-to pants pattern.  

This pair once again does not have the side pockets and the length is shortened about an inch and a half with a three quarter inch hem.  

The fabric has been in the stash for decades.  It's from Fanny Fabrics back in the day prior to their closure in 2005.  I figured since I used this denim for the collar of the last project, why not make a pair of pants to go with the top?   And that's how I ended up with a pair of pull-on denim pants.  

The fabric was previously pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer before hitting the ironing board for a steam press.   


Project details

Seams:  2.8 straight stitch  

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2.1 metres

Interfacing:  0.2 metres non-fusible 

Elastic:  0.7 metres


Pattern:  OOP Butterick 6716 (only available as PDF)

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, measuring tape, pin cushions, tailor's chalk, fabric scissors, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, safety pins, measuring gauge, threads, Janome serger, thread clippers, iron and ironing board.

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...