Thursday 30 November 2023

November in Review

Sewing, Alternations and Mending


This month was all about slow sewing.  The jacket, out-of-print (OOP) New Look 6074, was created without a serger.  The top, OOP Butterick 5891, was sewn in small bursts of stress relief sewing while in Covid isolation.  


Alterations and mending wise, small repairs were made to winter scarves and gloves with little holes that needed to be closed.  There are some wonderful tutorials on how to repair holes in knits using yarn.  I'm not at that skill level and can't knit to save my life, nor do I owe any yellow yarn.  So silk thread and a visible sewing technique was applied.  I'm good with it.  The jacket made earlier this month also ended up back on the work table for an additional snap to close a gap below the large button.  


Hand Made November 2023 

At the beginning of the month, I was all into participating in Hand Made November 2023.  Think Me Made May but for our winter wardrobes and then November didn't cooperate.  Where is all the snow?  


Seriously, after one snow fall in late October and a mad rush to get snow tires on the vehicles, this part of the world has hardly seen any snow.  My November wardrobe was starting to look like May wardrobe pieces.  Hmmm, I wonder if we'll have a white Christmas this year?  


Stash busting

This month  6.9 metres of fabric, 1.4 metres of interfacing, 4 buttons and 2 snaps were stash busted.  One spool of black button thread was added to the stash.    

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...