Sunday 27 February 2022

February in Review...

 Sewing Projects


There was a bit of gift and selfish sewing this month.  I finally finished the patchwork pajama bottoms that have been months in the making.  And the sewing plans for the month changed when a vintage DVF wrap dress pattern, Vogue 1610, came into my sewing world.  Despite all this sewing for moi, I did manage to sew for others as well.  I finally managed to get the button placement right on Simplicity 6851, it's only the third try.  


And there was another pair of men's elastic waist pants that hit the sewing table.  I was experimenting with pocket placements on the front of the pant leg.  

Stash Busting

All of these projects were made with fabrics from the stash with the exception of the wrap dress.  The robe is made with a 100% cotton home décor fabric from Fabricland.  It was picked up last year for another Box Pleat dress from TAL when I spotted it in the discounted section.  Plans change and I'm glad I used it for this project instead.  The wrap dress fabric is a 97% cotton / 3% spandex knit in a medium weight.  I couldn't dream of sewing a more suitable knit with this pattern, it's the perfect match and bonus, it happened to be 50% off!  To be completely honest, I wasn't shopping for fabric for a wrap dress.  I was actually looking for a scissor sharpener when I happened to stumble across their beautiful collection of cotton knits at Northwest / Marshall Fabrics earlier this month.  The pajama bottoms were created with scraps and small pieces that have been collecting over the years.  The pull-on men's pants fabric is an Italian denim that I picked up in 2019 from EmmaOneSock with plans to sew a pair of jeans for moi.  Plans change.  It is an Italian enzyme wash stretch denim (#69037) and it was a dream to sew.   

Destashed this month:  11.2 metres of fabric, 6 buttons, 2 metres of elastic, 2 spools of serger thread, 4 spools of regular thread spools, 0.40 metres of Knit 'N Stable tape.  Of the 11.2 metres of fabric used this month, 4 metres were new to the stash.  My bad.  Only one pattern was added to the stash, the long-sought after vintage Vogue 1610.  

Sewing Plans

Sewing those sock patterns I didn't get around to this month and trying to rescue the denim jacket from the neglected project pile are back on the table.   And maybe another wrap dress or two.  We'll see.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...