Saturday 12 February 2022

Patchwork Pajama Bottoms: OOP Vogue 9217

I'm so happy to share this project.  I've been working on this project for a few weeks.  Actually, ten weeks ago I started cutting and piecing scraps together.  


Actually, it's the finding and piecing together fabric scraps in order to have enough yardage for these pajama bottoms that kept me busy these many weeks.  Once I had the project cut, it was a quick and easy project.  


The best part of these patchworked pants are the memories associated with each little piece that has been stitched into one.  I was actually inspired by a pair of patchwork pajamas I spotted on an Etsy shop and thought that I could make a pair with the amount of fabric scraps I've managed to collect.  It turned out to be more rewarding than I thought.  I love the fact that I was able to use itty bitty pieces of fabric.  All the pieces are serged together.  

The pattern, out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 9217 is my tried and trusted pattern for pajama bottoms.  I opted for a straight leg instead of the dolphin hem on this pattern.  And I omitted the side pockets.  I don't really need pockets in my sleepwear.  


Project Details 

Seams:  2.5 straight stitch 

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  Anything and everything I could get my hands on!  

Elastic:  1 metre

Pattern:  OOP 9217

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Scissors, ruler, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, serger, threads, thread clippers, safety pins and many breaks.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  

8 comments:

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...