Sunday 14 July 2019

Vogue 9370: A Work in Progress

Vogue 9370 is a lovely pattern that popped up in the latest summer 2019 collection.  This one has an asymmetrical button front and just one flaw, no pockets. Adding pockets an easy fix as I just borrowed the side pocket pattern piece from another pattern.  There now I will have a place for my keys.  

Pockets made the design perfect in my humble opinion as well as this collar.  It really is sweet.  The pattern is well-drafted so it was a easy make. Sadly, what I hoped would be my wearable muslin wasn't meant to be.  A sewing blooper occurred while sewing the front band to the right front.  


If only I followed the pattern instructions and the markings this wouldn't have happened. My only excuse is that my mind has been elsewhere. Obviously thinking that I didn't need to look at the pattern instructions and mind the markings. Yup, completely my mistake and I'm taking full ownership for this.  


So I'm going to abandon this version of Vogue 9370 for other reasons as well. Don't worry, I have intentions of revisiting this pattern in the near future.  The newer version will take into consideration some things I learned along the way.  
  1. I need to be weary of fabrics labelled 100% cotton that look like denim but don't really feel like denim.  I think this is actually a tencel faux denim except it is prone to wrinkling.  I thought that tencel doesn't wrinkle?  Perhaps, it's a rayon blend?  All I know for certain is that it's not anything I enjoyed sewing.  This fabric was an epic fail in sparking joy.  I would love to make this dress in a cotton shirting fabric.  
  2. I need to give this design a more A-line shape so that I feel more comfortable with the fit / ease around my mid-section and hips.  
  3. Remember to add pockets and that I shortened the longer length by 1 1/2 inches.  
Well, as soon as I find a suitable fabric from the fabric stash, it will be back to the drawing board with this one.  

Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. I lost all my blog list a bit ago and I am finally getting it back up and running.

    Sorry the muslin didn't work out, but I am sure your next one will.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...