Monday 1 July 2019

Could I Make a Shirt in Eight Days?

Apparently not.  Eight days ago I had big plans to make myself a Canada Day inspired shirt. Everything was all set.  I had the pattern picked out, kAtheRine Tilton's Butterick 6325, and my maple leaf print cotton was pre-treated and pressed. 


It was going to be epic. I would be a stand out at the farmer's market and the Canada Day festivities. Or maybe I would be another red and white dressed participant in the crowd. I didn't care, I would be having fun with my latest Canadian make.  

Does this ever happen to you? You have big plans and then life just happens to get in the way of sewing plans. I can certainly see the appeal of going away to sewing vacations. 

Here's a list of sewing get-a-ways that might be of interest if finding some quiet uninterrupted sewing time is what you're looking for:     

Prince Edward, Ontario, November 1 - 4, 2019

North Bay, Ontario, Various dates and themes

Edmonton, Alberta, November 22 - 24, 2019

Arnprior, Ontario, Various dates and themes

Carseland, Alberta, Various dates and themes

Rural Ontario, Various dates and themes

Humboldt, Saskatchewan, August 13, 14 and 15, 2019

These are just to name a few, there are many more in other countries and settings. You can even go on a cruise line sewing retreat! I don't know about you, but I don't think I would get much sewing done if I were on a cruise ship.   

Well, that's enough day-dreaming. I'm off to clear off the cutting table and see if I can sneak in some sewing time.  

Happy Canada Day & Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. I can relate. Sewing plans. Life get on the way to sewing projects. I love Canada( my first international Country to love) Every year I look at the calendar and wish I had immigrated to Canada.
    Thanks for sharing
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And yes, I've had big sewing plans so many times, then life happened, and zilch sewing happened, so I can definitely relate.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...